Dr. Adwoa Opoku-Boateng, M.D.
MEET DR. OPOKU-BOATENG
Upon graduating from Oakwood University with a BS in biology, as well as a minor in chemistry and accounting, Dr. Opoku-Boateng was accepted into Loma Linda University School of Medicine. It was here that she began her journey into the medical career, earning a Biomedical Sciences Certificate in 2001 before achieving her medical degree in 2005. From there, she became a resident physician in general surgery at Ochsner Clinic Foundation where she was eventually promoted to chief resident physician in general surgery. She then comleted an Endocrine Surgery Fellowship and served as a General and Endocrine Surgeon for Ochsner Clinic Foundation until joining the Arizona Premier Surgery family. She looks forward to performing General and Endocrine surgery in Arizona.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Certified, American Board of Surgery (2011)
- Covering Surgeon for Bariatric Center of Excellence Program (2010 – present)
- Certified, Fundaments of Laparoscopic Surgery — ACS/SAGES (2009)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support — American College of Surgeons (2007)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support — American Heart Association (2005 – present)
- National Board of Medical Examiners — USMLE (2005)
- Fellow — American College of Surgeons (2013)
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Teach Excellence Award (2017) — University of Queensland Clinic School
- Outstanding Clinical Faculty Teacher of the Year (2019 – 2020) — Ochsner Clinic Foundation Department of Surgery
Dr. Amini is amazing, our experience with him could not have been better. We would recommend him to anyone...
APS and Dr. Eads were wonderful. Every step of the process was easy, professional and stress-free. I couldn’t be more pleased with the care I received...
Friendly staff from the time I walked in until the time I met with Dr. Opoku-Boateng! No one loves going to the doctor...this office just might change that notion...
My surgeon was Dr. Opoku-Boateng and she is amazing! I had to have an emergency surgery and every time I talked to her she was friendly and personable, explained everything and answered all my questions. Never seemed like she...
All the staff were very helpful, the surgery went off without a problem. Anything I needed they were available for. Nobody likes surgery, but if you need it, highly recommend...
I was recently hospitalized with diverticulitis and I met Dr.Opoku at Gilbert Mercy. From the start she was phenomenal in explaining possibilities and scenarios with game plans for them. Her and the staff were always happy to help anytime...