Dr. Adwoa Opoku-Boateng, M.D.
MEET DR. OPOKU-BOATENG
Upon graduating from Oakwood University with a BS in biology, as well as a minor in chemistry and accounting, Dr. Opoku-Boateng was accepted into Loma Linda University School of Medicine. It was here that she began her journey into the medical career, earning a Biomedical Sciences Certificate in 2001 before achieving her medical degree in 2005. From there, she became a resident physician in general surgery at Ochsner Clinic Foundation where she was eventually promoted to chief resident physician in general surgery. She then completed an Endocrine Surgery Fellowship and served as a General and Endocrine Surgeon for Ochsner Clinic Foundation until joining the Arizona Premier Surgery family. She looks forward to performing General and Endocrine surgery in Arizona.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Certified, American Board of Surgery (2011)
- Covering Surgeon for Bariatric Center of Excellence Program (2010 – present)
- Certified, Fundaments of Laparoscopic Surgery — ACS/SAGES (2009)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support — American College of Surgeons (2007)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support — American Heart Association (2005 – present)
- National Board of Medical Examiners — USMLE (2005)
- Fellow — American College of Surgeons (2013)
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Teach Excellence Award (2017) — University of Queensland Clinic School
- Outstanding Clinical Faculty Teacher of the Year (2019 – 2020) — Ochsner Clinic Foundation Department of Surgery
Dr. Modasi is a rockstar. I had a challenging surgery and he found the way to make it work for the perfect outcome. He used the DaVinci robotic method which is technologically amazing. Having a much easier recovery than I...
Every aspect of my treatment has been exemplary. Kind and courteous staff...
I have nothing but great things to say about this Dr's office. The entire staff included. Dr Amini takes his time and let's you explain yourself. My surgery was flawless. Thank you...
I am very happy with the service I got at this place. Dr. Adwoa Opoku is very professional and caring, and she did a fantastic job with my surgery. The staff is very nice and I highly recommend this office...
Great office, good location, on time. Saw Dr People, really liked that he listened to what I had to say. Knowledgeable doctor with a great positive attitude...
SO AMAZING with my son who has autism! Very knowledgeable, friendly staff, personable! Highly recommend! Dr.Modasi was amazing...