Meet Dr. Opoku-Boateng
Upon graduating from Oakwood University with a BS in biology, as well as a minor in chemistry and accounting, Dr. Opoku-Boateng was accepted into Loma Linda University School of Medicine. It was here that she began her journey into the medical career, earning a Biomedical Sciences Certificate in 2001 before achieving her medical degree in 2005. From there, she became a resident physician in general surgery at Ochsner Clinic Foundation where she was eventually promoted to chief resident physician in general surgery. She then comleted an Endocrine Surgery Fellowship and served as a General and Endocrine Surgeon for Ochsner Clinic Foundation until joining the Arizona Premier Surgery family. She looks forward to performing General and Endocrine surgery in Arizona.
Licenses and Certifications
- Certified, American Board of Surgery (2011)
- Covering Surgeon for Bariatric Center of Excellence Program (2010 – present)
- Certified, Fundaments of Laparoscopic Surgery — ACS/SAGES (2009)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support — American College of Surgeons (2007)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support — American Heart Association (2005 – present)
- National Board of Medical Examiners — USMLE (2005)
- Fellow — American College of Surgeons (2013)
Awards and Honors
- Teach Excellence Award (2017) — University of Queensland Clinic School
- Outstanding Clinical Faculty Teacher of the Year (2019 – 2020) — Ochsner Clinic Foundation Department of Surgery
"Dr Opoko-Boateng was the surgeon who removed my thyroid. I would highly recommend her. She is very personable, and compassionate. Explains everything very plainly. And done a fantastic job of a difficult surgery. She is wonderful. "
"The words (thank you), can't describe how I feel, This Dr, found tumor not on x Ray's, or contrast, there were only 2 , she kept going found 3rd one leaning on my neck spine, I had parathyroidectomy, & partial Thymomectomy, I felt so much better same day even, ANYONE looking for a best Thyroid surgeon in the world need to look no further. Thank you Sincerely, Leah Matchett"
"Dr Opoku is remarkable; her quality of surgery and her human touch. Often one finds one without the other!! Excellent experience!!"
"Dr. Opoku performed my thyroidectomy last month. I had a complication from the surgery. Dr. O saved my life she is a wonderful doctor and I would recommend anyone to her. She is compassionate and caring. The nurses and doctors at oschner baptist were amazing as well. I owe them my life❤"
"My 18 year old son had a challenging surgery and Dr. Oboku-Boateng knew what to do. Not only is she medically smart she has a wonderful bedside manner which meant a lot to an 18 year old boy who didn't sink he's be waking up from emergency abdominal surgery"